ALL goods should be clean with no dirt, road salt, old XC ski waxes or other soiling.
We want our customers to be able to go skiing after a safety inspection and adjustment for bindings without major repairs being required before use.
We will reject downhill boots if:
- There is no DIN number on the sole.
- The front edge of the boot has been ground or notched.
- Soles, AFD/LFD areas or heels show medium to heavy wear.
- Buckles are missing.
- Shells are cracked.
- Liners are badly worn or torn.
We will reject bindings if:
- Model is not on the current year’s indemnified list from the manufacturers.
- There are missing pieces.
- Anti-friction devices/Low friction devices (AFD/LFD) are missing.
- Ski brakes are damaged or missing.
- Bindings are inappropriate for the skis (e.g. adult bindings on kids’ skis).
We will reject skis if:
- They are old-style straight skis for adults or kids. (Straight skis are defined as not having an hourglass shape and a shovel width of 95 mm or less)
- Delaminations are visible.
- Tips are bent.
- Bends, cracks, or uneven flex indicates core damage.
- Sidewall is cracked.
- Edges are damaged or severely worn.
- Base has bad gouges or is curling. Watch for thin bases.
- More than two pairs of binding holes are visible.
- Bindings are inappropriate for the skis (e.g. kids’ bindings on adult skis).
We will reject poles if:
- Badly bent or creased.
- Pair is mis-matched.
- Baskets, straps or tips are missing.