The Calgary New & Used Ski Sale is the oldest and largest ski sale in Canada. It is deeply committed to supporting the skiing and snowboarding community by making available a wide selection of high-quality gear at economical prices, while delivering a positive experience for attendees, our volunteers and our consigners, and financially supporting the three non-profit charities (The Calgary Ski Club, the Canadian Ski Patrol, and the Lake Louise Athletic Development Association) that organize it. It has been successful for so long because it caters to a wide cross-section of customers including bargain hunters, quality and value purchasers, and specialty buyers looking for a specific type, size, brand or colour of item within a broader price band.
Now in its sixth decade, it continues to meet its long-standing purpose:
- To raise much-needed funds for the three principal organizing clubs.
- To promote and develop the skiing and snowboarding industry, and associated activities.
- To raise the profile of the three hosting clubs in the community.
- To provide safety-inspected, bargain-priced goods to beginner skiers and snowboarders.
- To permit ski and snowboard retailers to consign goods at discount prices.
- To sell goods on behalf of retailers at a low cost to them.
- To promptly remit payment to all consignors.
- To provide an easy method for the public to upgrade and replace old (but still good) gear with new gear.
- To encourage the public to get obsolete or unsafe equipment off the ski hills or XC ski trails.
- To serve the community by helping other organizations the Calgary New & Used Ski Sale Management Committee chooses to support, such as: The Jacket Racket, Alberta Assoc. of Disabled Skiers, The Kiwanis Club, Boys & Girls Clubs of Calgary.