The Calgary New & Used Ski Sale is the oldest and largest ski sale in Canada. It is deeply committed to supporting the skiing and snowboarding community by making available a wide selection of high-quality gear at economical prices, while delivering a positive experience for attendees, our volunteers and our consigners, and financially supporting the three non-profit charities (The Calgary Ski Club, the Canadian Ski Patrol, and the Lake Louise Ski Club) that organize it. It has been successful for so long because it caters to a wide cross-section of customers including bargain hunters, quality and value purchasers, and speciality buyers looking for a special type, size, brand or colour of item within a broader price band.
Now in its sixth decade, it continues to meet its long-standing purpose:
- To raise much-needed funds for the three principal organizing clubs.
- To promote and develop the skiing and snowboarding industry, and associated activities.
- To raise the profile of the three hosting clubs in the community.
- To provide safety-inspected, bargain-priced goods to beginner skiers and snowboarders.
- To permit ski and snowboard retailers to consign goods at discount prices.
- To sell goods on behalf of retailers at a low cost to them.
- To promptly remit payment to all consignors.
- To provide an easy method for the public to upgrade and replace old (but still good) gear with new gear.
- To encourage the public to get obsolete or unsafe equipment off the ski hills or XC ski trails.
- To serve the community by helping other organizations the Calgary New & Used Ski Sale Organizing Committee chooses to support, such as: The Jacket Racket, Alberta Assoc. of Disabled Skiers, The Kiwanis Club, Boys & Girls Clubs of Calgary.